We want you to be pleased with your purchase from us. If you are not, please let us know. We value your feedback greatly so we would like to know if there is a problem.
However, before you get in touch, please consider the following:
1. Our plants are not perfect. We are not a huge plant supplier that mass-produces in sterile, weather-proof glasshouses where the plants never encounter drought, hail, snow, slugs or foot of duck. The consequence of this is that our plants may have the odd dead or partially eaten leaf, they may have spots of damage or they may be a little less symmetrical than you (or we) may wish.
We will never send out any plant that, to our knowledge, is sick or unlikely to thrive if treated as expected.
Please bear in mind that our plants have had a tougher existence than mollycoddled glasshouse perfection and will therefore be more likely to shrug off the first slug attack, rather than having no acquired resilience.
2. We sell plants throughout the year but at times, some plants may be dormant as rhizomes, tubers or bulbs. This means you may receive what appears to be a pot of compost. The plant will grow at the appropriate time providing it is given the correct care and attention. If you are unsure how to revive a dormant plant, please email us for advice. Remember too, if you order a deciduous plant in winter, you will get a pot with a stick in it. It is not dead, just leafless and resting. Again, email us if you have concerns when your plant arrives.
3. We do our best to explain the size of plant that you will receive. Generally in a batch, we will describe and illustrate the smallest so that if there is a difference it will be that the one sent will be larger.
4. We sell a number of sundries for the protection of tender plants in winter. We make no guarantee that these will keep your plants alive, but they should increase their chances of survival. In most cases, our winter protection sundries will need to be used in conjunction with straw, horticultural fleece or other methods of insulation to achieve the best results.
5. The seeds that we sell have not been tested for germination. We assume viability is good because they are freshly collected and we do not keep seed from one year to the next. If the correct germination procedure has been followed we expect a good germination rate and to assist with you getting a good number of seedlings, we always include plenty of seed. Despite this, it is still possible that seeds will occasionally fail to germinate and for this, we cannot take responsibility.
If for any reason we are not able to supply your order in full, we will contact you to discuss the options available.
We will only send plants out when they stand every chance of surviving the journey. Plants that have been frozen, dehydrated or overheated are of no use to anyone. We pack our plants as carefully as we can but obviously we cannot foresee all eventualities. We hope that our courier will transport your order with care but understand sometimes this may not be the case. Please contact us and provide photographs of the parcel and its contents if you think there has been a problem. We often track orders so we may well be expecting your contact regarding a transport issue.
We do our best to ensure that you are sent the plants you are expecting. However, mistakes can occur, especially if a plant is dormant upon dispatch. If any of your ordered plants are not what they were supposed to be, please contact us and send a photo of what you have - remember, we need to know which plant we have one less of, or the error may be duplicated. Our plants are all labelled but there remains a chance that things can get muddled - please make sure your labels have not got swapped around if they have come free in transit.
For all grievances, please use the form below.